Friday, July 07, 2017

La ciudad de Mexico (February visit)

A beautiful mural in a difficult location.
 We came across a courtyard full of sculptures like this. Charming, I loved them. I have no memory of the artist. Anybody recognize these?
A church interior, very peaceful even with a lot of people in it.
 So much gold. It's real, too.
Architecture against a blue sky is kind of perfect.
In the gallery at the Museum of Design. There's no collection, but rather shows of design work that change, and a nice shop.

The exhibit at the time we were there, two sisters from Buenos Aires.
Fabulous jewelry, and all for sale!
They used vintage materials for parts of their work. Very different.

I got a pair of earrings, but at the moment, I'm thinking "where are they?" I can't remember where I put the. Uh oh!


No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...